Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Interview with Whitney Warren

What do you enjoy most about your job?
I love collaborating ideas with clients and getting to see our work
on TV, websites, radio and films.  I also enjoy the networking aspect
of my job.  I take my clients our to dinner every week, attend a lot
of award shows and travel for presentations to all the production
companies and advertising agencies in the country.  I am blessed to
work with an amazing team.

What are three tips you would give someone who wants to get into producing?
Attend as many social networking events as possible because that is
where you are going to make your contacts, dress for the part you
want, and introduce yourself with confidence, a stern handshake, and
look them in the eye.


What aspect would you consider the most challenging in your job?

The most challenging part of my job is to constantly keep up with
all the productions that are going on in the city.  I have to chase
down leads and make sure they are aware of my company and in turn book
with us.  LA is the most competitive market for the entertainment
industry so I am constantly chasing down leads- but I love it   

How did you get into the Producer/Sound/Film Industry?
I use to babysit for the General Manager of Margarita Mix.  I knew
he worked in the industry so when I graduated with a degree in
Advertising I called him.  He hired me 1 month after I graduated as
"Client Service"- serving clients coffee, making copies, picking up
lunches.  While I was doing that I saw what the Executive Producer was
doing and I really liked her job.  So on my lunch breaks I would sit
in her office and stay late and attend events with her where she would
introduce to me more people in the industry.  Eventually she left and
my boss had seen what I had been doing and asked if I wanted to take
her job as they like to hire within.  I have been with this company
for 6 years and love it.  Lesson learned here- never under estimate
babysitting!!!


As a Senior Producer at Margarita Mix Studios, what are your consistent goals with each project you work on?

I always want the client to leave happy with the product we have
created for them.  I want them to be so happy that they continue to
book with us on future projects.  As a producer I always want to know
what the next project is they will be working on so I can keep up on
that project as well.


  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment